October 1, 2008

BATMAN POP ART PIN-UPS "Wacky WALLPAPER Wednesday"

We post totally brand-new & unique Batman-Themed Desktop Wallpapers here at the Bat-Blog every single Wednesday. We call it "Wacky Wallpaper Wednesday™", ha ha! OK, I know the name is dumb but it's kinda catchy & people remember it easily! This week I thought I would go with a "Pop Art Pin-Up" theme. The 1st one is a re-colored wallpaper of an original painting I did a few years ago. It's an image of Batman kissing a girl. Recently I was goofing around on the internet & saw a device on a blog that showed their recent visitors ( shown below ). It featured people's avatars & their logistic locations. There was a guy from Australia who had used my artwork has his avatar. It was a total shock for me to see this! There's a theory that says "once an image is on the web that it exists forever" because people take it & put it someplace else, then somebody else gets it, & so on...WOW! This was pretty funny for me to see my own artwork, ha ha! OK, sorry to go off, back to the wallpapers. The 2nd & 3rd backgrounds are a black & white publicity photograph of Yvonne Craig as a super-cute "Pin-Up Girlie" model. Of course we all know her as Barbara Gordon / Batgirl from the 1966 Batman TV Show. People have different desktop set-ups so I thought I would make 2 of her, please choose whichever is better for you.

CLICK HERE For More Batman Desktop Background Wallpaper of The Dark Knight!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i've always been a big fan of yvonne craig...I got to interview her for my old radio show and she was so much fun and did not hesitate to share her stories with us. She made a heck of a Batgirl.

ozz said...

Yvonne Craig was extremely smokin' hott!!