July 25, 2008

THE DARK KNIGHT Batman Movie Location is Now a Chicago Landmark!!

Our friend Matt sent these 2 very cool photos showing him at the actual location where one part of THE DARK KNIGHT Batman Movie was filmed in Chicago. Do you remember the now-classic scene in the movie trailer where the Joker is standing in the street & Batman whips the Bat-Pod motorcycle around, then there's a close-up of the Joker ( Heath Ledger ) looking back? Well, this is that street! Ever since seeing that famous scene I knew that this exact location would be a super-famous tourist spot! I mean, it's gonna be like that cross-walk in England where the Beatles shot that Abbey Road cover!! Chicago is a beautiful city & I know that the next time I'm there I am gonna have to get a shot like this, ha ha! Matt, thank you for sharing these pics, they're great, good job! But, could you please send me the address of this street because a million readers are gonna ask, ha ha! Just please leave a comment & they can read it there, thanks again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, that's AWESOME!

FilmMaker8706 said...

Wayne Tower is actually the Chicago Board of Trade building in Chicago, IL. The exact spot where the Joker stands (in The Dark Knight when Batman barely dodges him on the Batpod) is at the intersection of W. Monroe St. and S La Salle St. in downtown Chicago. The Harris Trust & Savings Bank is on the left of Joker and the board of Trade is directly down the street. I suggest every once visit this spot where Heath Ledger stood and all the action took place!

ozz said...

I'll admit that if I was there, I'd have to get a picture taken too.