June 23, 2009

Today is The 20th Anniversary of Tim Burton's 1989 BATMAN Movie

Today, June 23rd, 2009 is the 20th Anniversary of Tim Burton's 1989 BATMAN Movie starring Michael Keaton ( Bruce Wayne / Batman ) & Jack Nicholson ( The Joker )! WOW! 20 YEARS! You know, that actually makes me feel kinda old, ha ha! I totally remember when this film came out. It was sort of on the same level as Star Wars in the way it was such a HUGE cultural event. It seemed like the whole world went totally batty! The Bat-Symbol logo was literally everywhere! I mean, there was this giant flood of Bat-Merchandise, Memorabilia, T-Shirts, Action Figures, Toys, etc... For a Batman Toy Collector it was a great time to be alive! OK, I guess I need to explain the 2 graphics shown here. Well, they are both Batman 1989 Movie Desktop Wallpapers. They are some graphics I found that each have amazing images from the movie. I thought Bat-Blog Readers would enjoy them & maybe use them to honor the event. So, Please put these up on your desktop so you can remember that TODAY is the 20th Anniversary!!
CLICK HERE For More FREE Batman Desktop Wallpaper Backgrounds of The Dark Knight!

2 comments:

ozz said...

At the time, the movie was OK for what it was. However, in my opinion, The Dark Knight has totally made this move obsolete. I'm really not sure if I could ever watch it again.

Sol (Frederick) Badguy said...

This movie is the greatest Batman movie to ever hit the theaters, it is one of the all time best made movies.

When I compare it to "The Dark Knight" I know the Joker in the latter movie is insaner and deadlier, but "Tim Burton" directed a more definitive Batman Movie with a real detictive. DK is too thick on action and the only one with a story is "Two-Face"

Nice finding your blog, I'm linking it in mine :)