August 4, 2013

Michael Ansara, Voice Actor of Mr. Freeze on Batman Animated Series, Dies at 91


I'm sorry I have some bad news to share but I think it's important to mention that the Actor, Michael Ansara, passed away a few days ago. He was 91 years old. He was best known for playing the Klingon leader Kang,on the original 1960's Star Trek TV Series. But, he has done countless movies and other TV appearances as well. I didn't know this, but for a short time, he was married to Barbara Eden (of "I Dream of Jeanie" fame). 

Michael Ansara died last Wednesday at his home in Calabasas, California. He was born in a small village in Syria, arriving in the United States with his American parents at the age of two. He caught the "acting bug" early in life and went on to appear on "The Untouchables," "Alfred Hitchcock Presents," "Perry Mason, "Lost in Space," "Hawaii 5-0," "Murder She Wrote," "Buck Rogers in the 25th Century" and his ex-wife's show, "I Dream of Jeannie." 

But, Michael Ansara will always be remembered by Batman Fans as the voice of Mr. Freeze on the classic TV cartoon, Batman: The Animated Series.I always loved that character, and besides having a really great graphic design "look", the voice was really the best thing about him, total perfection. if you would like to remember this please just check out the Tribute Music Video down below. He was GREAT!

R. I. P.
Mr. Michael Ansara, you will be missed.



1 comment:

Tony Laplume said...

Sad to hear of his passing indeed.