January 3, 2013

I Miss You Hostess Twinkies!


It's pretty well known by now that the Hostess Company went out of business lately and they stopped making their delightful treats. Yes, you can no longer buy Twinkies, Ding Dongs, Ho-Ho's, Fruit Pies, etc... and it completely bums me out. OK, it's not so much the fact that I miss eating them, even though they were pretty good sometimes, it's the fact that I feel like a part of my childhood is completely gone. Does that make sense?

Anyways, sorry about the dumb rant. The other main focus of this post is really to enjoy this beautiful artwork featuring Batman, Robin, and Twinkie The Kid. Do you remember those "Hostess Ads" inside the comic books of the 1970's and 80's where they advertised their products? They were made to look like comic stories & they were totally great! 

Well, here is a photo of some Original Art showing only a close-up of a final panel. I'm not exactly sure who the Artist was on this but if I had to guess, I'd maybe say, Dick Giordano?? 

One last thing, please be sure to click on it for a larger, sharper, photo.

No comments: