July 2, 2010

New OVERSTREET COMIC BOOK PRICE GUIDE 40th Edition is Out!

If you have ever collected comics at any time over the last 40 years then you have probably heard of the Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide. It's basically the bible for comic book nerds all over the world ( I mean "nerds" in a good way, ha! ). I know when I was a little kid & young teen, heavily into collecting comic books, I always bought a brand-new copy every year... & totally loved it! In fact, once I went to a convention & actually met Robert M. Overstreet ( The guy who wrote the book! He said, "Hey, call me Bob!" ) & he was a very nice man. Plus, just talking with him I could see that he truly loves pop culture & doing the guide every year is a total labor of joy for him, so, that's cool. Well, the reason I'm mentioning the guide book here is because of the cover to the latest issue, the 40th edition & it features Batman! Acclaimed artist Mark Chiarello ( Batman/Houdini: The Devil's Workshop ) supplies the cover art. If I remember right, I think the "cover story" is about Jerry Robinson ( the creator of both the Joker & Robin, the Boy Wonder ). Oh yeah, if you want to save 20% off the cover price ( for a limited time ) then be sure to use the link button down below.

No comments: