August 14, 2009

Matt Wagner's Original Production Art For Batman: Black and White Statue

Shown up above is the original production art drawings for Matt Wagner's "Batman: Black & White" Statue. They now belong to a good friend of the Bat-Blog known as The BATFAN & he was kind enough to share them with us. Seeing this sort of work always amazes me. I guess I have always enjoyed the "behind the scenes" type stuff. Basically they are the sketch designs for the statue based on his own artwork. If you click on the small pictures up above then you can see larger, more detailed, shots. Wagner's comic book artwork has always been a real favorite of mine, so getting to see these original sketches is a RARE treat. Thanks to BATFAN for sending them & I hope many readers enjoy them as well.

1 comment:

ozz said...

The statue looks cool,and so do the sketches. I agree that it's cool to get a glimpse at the creative process.