May 23, 2009

Vintage 1970's Batman Toys & Memorabilia - CRAZY!

The true main focus of the Bat-Blog is to share the love of collecting both new & vintage Batman toys. OK, I have neglected that a little bit lately, ha ha, sorry. So here are some wacky examples of Vintage 1970's goodness! The 1st item is totally crazy. It's a Batman Latch-Hook Kit ©1978. This was an arts & craft project where you had to weave small pieces of yard into a canvas material to make a small rug, it took days to make! I remember in my childhood my grandmother actually gave me one of these of Snoopy...it took forever, ha ha! The 2nd pic shows us the Official Batman Sky-Diving Parachutist Figure, Mint on Original Card. Now, you might have seen this figure before but this extremely RARE packaging was for the British UK Market & is different than the American version. The 3rd item is one of those wonderful "generic toys" where, out of the package, has absolutely NOTHING to do with the character. All the graphics are ON the header card. This product tied into the Superfriends TV Cartoon craze. The last item is one that I never knew existed & I gotta research it later for another post because I have never seen them before. The TOPPS Trading Card Company came out with a series of "Comic Book Cover" Stickers. As you can see there's a Batman Cover shown on the top left-hand side. OK, I hope you have enjoyed some of these wacky-crazy Batman items! If you have any weird pieces like this from the 70's then please shoot us a photo.

3 comments:

mcadawg2000 said...

I had a Batman Sky Diving Parachutist (along with a Spider-Man one) - the card neglected to mention that you shouldn't use them on hard surfaces, because they had a tendency to land on concrete hard enough to crack in half!

BRBTV.com said...

That latch-hook kit is beautiful. If I had that thing I'd be workin' on it right the heck now!

ozz said...

I used to have that hook rug kit! Yeah, I knitted it. I wonder what ever happened to the rug.