May 28, 2009

The Original BAT-POD Motorcycle & Costume Props From THE DARK KNIGHT Spotted in the UK!

I was pleasantly surprised the other night to receive an e-mail from a Bat-Blog Reader named Lee who lives in the UK. He had some really wonderful photos of the original BAT-POD Motorcycle & a few Prop Costumes from THE DARK KNIGHT Batman movie. He explained in his letter, "Hi Tom, my name is Lee, I'm from Manchester, England and I am a huge BATMAN fan. Last year I was lucky enough to get a glimpse (and a cheeky feel) of the Bat-Pod and I was also lucky to see all the costumes in glass display units. I have been looking at your website for about 2 years now and find it really interesting, especially being a collector myself. Also once I get all my collection together I will send you some pics. I have some really wicked stuff like Hot Toys, Model Kits, Action Figures, and a few really rare items. Anyway, keep up the brilliant website! I have attached some pictures of that day I went to see the costumes and Bat-Pod. The picture with the guy in a white t-shirt & brown hat is me!" Cool, very cool! Thank you for sending these great pics Lee & also for the kind words about this blog! Getting to meet Bat-Fans from all over the world is really exciting for me. On a side note I am totally jealous you got to see the real Bat-Pod & these cool costumes, that's a Super-RARE opportunity! It's really neat that Warner Bros displayed this stuff so far away, in the UK. So tell me honestly, did you totally want to steal the Bat-Pod? I know I would have, Ha Ha!

1 comment:

ozz said...

Seeing Ledger's clown mask in person would've probably creeped me out a bit! It's just such an eerie looking face to begin with, and when you factor in the performance and the tragic real-life circumstances, well, it would be a weird (but cool) moment!