May 28, 2009

Auction News: Original 1966 Batman Coloring Book Production Art

Last night, on eBay, the auction for the original production art for one of the 1966 Batman Whitman Coloring Books ended at $1,925.00. Now, if you ask me, that's a huge bargain. I mean, this item is totally priceless! This RARE piece of Bat-Memorabilia was offered by Golden Treasures of New York City. They always seem to have the most amazing stuff! Oh well, I'm happy for the winner & he's lucky I'm not super-rich or I would have outbid him, ha ha! ( Readers - Be sure to click on the above photos for larger, more detailed, versions ).

1 comment:

ozz said...

Maybe it's because I'm in penny-pinching mode right now, but that seems like it's pretty pricey. I don't really have any frame of reference for that kind of thing, so I wouldn't know if it is a bargain or not.

What if the winner has little kids who get ahold of the coloring book pages and do their own coloring?!?