February 1, 2009

Vintage BATMAN 8mm Film Movie MEMORABILIA Magazine Ad

The other day a friend sent me this photo of an old magazine ad he found. He said, "Hey Tommy, Do you remember those old Monster Magazines from the 60's & 70's? Ya know, the ones that were all black & white inside. Well, I found one with this ad in the back I knew you would like". I said, "Wow! yeah, this is an awesome piece of Bat-History, thanks!" The ad is for those old vintage 8mm film reels you could buy to watch on the wall at home. This set is for the BATMAN SERIAL MOVIES from the 1940's. Now, the thing that makes this pic so cool is take a look at the store display box!! These movies were sold in small boxes & when we find them they're usually there but that special "store counter box" used to display them is extremely super-rare! Now, everybody, please excuse the 2nd photo being kinda blurry but what I did was blow it up to give you a better idea of what I'm talking about...that display box is AWESOME! Thanks Dave for sending the cool photo, I appreciate that!

3 comments:

ozz said...

It would be even wilder to find the old reels themselves! Probably not too many specimens around anymore.

Anonymous said...

Just in case you don't know (and I am sure you do... that is a 6 chapter, 8 minute silent cut down of the 1942 Batman serial. Columbia Home Movies also released a 15 chapter, Super 8 sound edition of the 1949 Batman serial. The serial is complete except chapter one is cut down to run 18 minutes. How do I know... I have them. They were both great. - hcc

Anonymous said...

I don't have the set, but i do own episode 1 - Of the electrical brain. Still in perfect condition in the box.