September 3, 2008

Vintage Batman Memorabilia Strikes Again!

OK, With all the recent craziness on the Dark Knight Batman movie I have been kinda neglecting the main focus of this webpage & it's the love of collecting the old Vintage Batman Toys. Well, it's about the brand-new stuff too but ya' know what I mean. Here are a few wonderful toys from the past. The 1st example is a TALKING BATPHONE made by Palitoy ( a British toy company ). It's from 1976 & the graphics on the original box are awesome! I think the artwork was done by Neal Adams, not exactly sure, but it has his realistic style. The 2nd photo shows something that I have never seen before. It's a Batman Train Car ( from Canada ). It has a special Bat-Signal attached to it. Looks like it also came with 2 figures, pretty sweet! The 3rd example is one of my all-time favorite pieces of comic book memorabilia & that's these wacky cans of CRAZY FOAM. Of course the main thing here is the Batman & Robin ones but they made a lot of other DC & Marvel Comic characters too: Superman, Amazing Spiderman, & The Incredible Hulk! If you don't remember these they were just aerosol cans with "soap foam" & they were in the shape of cartoon characters. As a very little kid I vividly remember having the Superman one & one day I asked my Mom if she knew where he was, as I wanted to play with him, & she said, "Oh, I'm sorry, I threw it away"...NnnOoo! Alright, I'm OK, I'm OK, really. Let's move on. For the 4th photo I saved the best for last! This pic was sent in by a loyal Bat-Blog Reader who has this totally insane Batman Collection. This is only one item he has out of a huge assortment of hard-to-find goodies but it's pretty RARE! This is the BATMAN and THE JOKER ELECTRONIC TARGET GAME. It's got this extremely cool large figure of Joker that reacts to a light-beam shot from a Western-Style Gun ( yeah, very very weird! ). It was made by the Vanity Fair Toy Company. Thanks JR for sending this very cool photo! I want to invite ALL Bat-Blog Readers with RARE Batman items to please send us some pics. Sharing the love of Batman toy collecting is what the Bat-Blog is all about!

2 comments:

Bubbashelby said...

Haha - That last one ifs ridiculous - Be nothing like your hero Batman by using a gun on the Joker!

Also, superheros barfing up soap is a bit disturbing. Of course with Spidey it's hard to tell, maybe he's just blowing his nose.

Brian B said...

I remember begging my Mom for the foam.

Bubba is right though kinda disturbing having Batman spit on you.

Oh well as a kid I thought COOL!!!