April 22, 2008

Toys-R-Us Didn't Have My Batmobile! But...

Yesterday, for the heck of it, I went to TOYS-R-US to see if they had any of those Large 1/18th Scale Hot Wheels 1966 Batmobiles on sale. Yes, Like I actually thought I might have a chance ( I'm a sucker )! But, It's been widely reported that TRU is stocking them in their stores. You just gotta beat-out the scalpers who chase the delivery trucks from store to store, ha ha! Anyway, they were not there of course so I took a look around & found a good Clearance Deal! In their "Birthday Party Supply" area they had this Batman Pinata on sale for $4.00. The original retail was $14.99 so I thought that $4.00 was better. Actually I'm glad I bought it. It's basically a HUGE square box covered in shredded streamer-paper with a nice color-litho poster of Batman ( The Batman Cartoon ) on both sides. It's made by Hallmark & is pretty good quality. Last night I hung it in my bedroom, a nice decoration item. Ya gotta think that many years from now most of these will have been destroyed at birthday parties & will be very rare. Anyway, I might go back to TRU because I do want one of those '66 Batmobiles! ( It willll beee mmmmine! ). As a side note I noticed that TRU has an EXCLUSIVE Batmobile Toy. It's the DC Superfriends SHAKE-N-GO car ( made by Fisher Price, a subsidiary of Mattel ) with a strange color-variation, it's blue instead of black. I already have the black version & decided not to get this one right now.

No comments: