April 1, 2007

Strange Unlicensed BOOTLEG Vintage Batman & Robin Toys

One of the most unusual Batman items I like to find while on the hunt are unlicensed "Bootleg Toys". I mean, they are usually not done very well & are always extremely weird. Plus, they make nice "filler" for display. Here's a few examples: The 1st pic is a Vintage 1970's Batman & Robin Motorcycle Bat-Cycle Toy from Italy. I actually love the detailing of this item. It's alot nicer than most other cheesy bootlegs. The 2nd picture is from the 70's also & is a photo taken at some county fair of a Batman Carnaval Game. I guess you throw a bean bag or ball into his mouth to win a prize, looks like hours & hours of fun! The 3rd pic has got to be the weirdest one. It's a pull toy Bat-Phone & Batmobile combo. It reminds me alot of the Classic Fisher Price Pull Toy. This would be great for display just because it's so wacky!! The last photo is an unopened package of Batman Fireworks that I think were made in Hong Kong. I love the vintage style graphics & the face on Batman is kinda funny. I also like how the word "Batman" is written in a chinese-style font...cool!

1 comment:

ozz said...

That Batcycle is one of the better looking bootleg items I think I've seen.

The firecrackers are cool! Of course, any firecrackers are usually pretty cool.