It's no surprise that I totally love the BATMAN character but one thing many people will probably not know is that I also like 2 other things as well, Books and Philosophy! So, when the opportunity came along for me to read this new paperback book by Wiley Books, titled, "BATMAN AND PHILOSOPHY: THE DARK KNIGHT OF THE SOUL", I totally jumped on it!
Well, I gotta say that after reading it I can only say a few things about it without giving away too many plot points. One, it's an extremely interesting book even if you are ONLY a Fan of the Bat AND have no interest in Philosophy. The book does a great job at being both a "Batman History" book AND a series of essays all about philosophical theory.
This book does a pretty good job at answering many questions like:
- Why doesn't Batman Just kill The Joker & end his crime spree?
- Can we hold the Joker responsible for his actions?
- Is Batman better than Superman?
- What is the Tao of the Bat?
- Is Batman a Moral Exemplar?
- What is the Social Order of Gotham City?
- Can anybody become the Dark Knight?
I'd also like to add that the 3 Editors of this book: William Irwin, Mark White, and Robert Arp all did a fine job here. The book, in paperback form, has about 294 pages & was published ©2008. If you're a serious Batman Fan then you're gonna love this book. So, Please, Go Check it Out!