August 30, 2012

Book Review - HOLY FRANCHISE, BATMAN! by Gary Collinson


OK, This Brand-New Book Review took me awhile to get out for two reasons. One, I have had to read like 3 or 4 new Batman Book recently for reviews. Plus, this new book, "Holy Franchise, Batman! Bringing the Caped Crusader to the Screen" by Gary Collinson, is extremely detailed and it took me awhile to read. Now I don't mean for that to sound bad. In fact, I think it's the best thing about this book. Yes, the Author researched the material for this book in very fine detail & it's a great read! 


Now most people who know me say that I'm a complete fanatic when it comes to our favorite Caped Crusader ( ha ha ).  And I'm not trying to say that I'm an Expert or anything but I know some things about the Batman and this book has tons of information and "behind the scenes" stories that I have never heard before. It's a fun read.

Basically, this book covers the entire  "Franchise History" of the Batman character from the early Movie Serials of the 1940's all the way up to the very recent DARK KNIGHT RISES movie that just came out. It also covers the 1966 Batman TV Show ( Episode Guide Included ) and even has all the animated TV cartoons that the characters have appeared in. I mean, it's extremely in-depth!



So as a last word on this book, I highly recommend it. Now, one thing to keep in mind is that this book was published in the UK and might be kinda hard for some readers to find. So, we have included this LINK right here as a great source to buy it. Thanks.

1 comment:

Gary Collinson said...

Hi Tommy

Many thanks for your kind review of my book. I am glad you enjoyed it! For US readers, it is also available now via Amazon.com - even though for some reason they have the release date down as October!

Gary