February 27, 2012

JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA OVALTINE POSTER & T-SHIRT Ultra Rare 1960's Batman Memorabilia!

OK, I thought I'd do a quick post to share this ultra-rare piece of Bat-History! These photos are of 2 items that recently sold on evil eBay. One is a Store Display Poster for an offer to buy an OVALTINE Mail-Away Premium "JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA" T-Shirt. Those bright day-glo colors must have been seen by every little kid for a 3 mile radius, ha ha! Then, the next photo shows the actual JLA T-Shirt you could have got back in the 1960's ( I'm guessing around 1966 or 1967 ). Oh man, the retro-style graphics are totally beautiful and it even features Batman, Superman, Aquaman, Green Lantern, and The Flash! I wish I had these 2 pieces, especially that poster. But, I guess I'll just have to enjoy these pictures because this stuff is so ultra-rare it will probably never be seen by me in my lifetime. It's what we serious Vintage Toy Collectors call a "Museum Piece".

No comments: