August 4, 2011

BATMAN For City Council in Tulsa!

BATMAN is running for office in Tulsa, Oklahoma! No, not the "comic book character", but a real-life person named Mike Batman. Mike immigrated from Syria in 1982 & has made Tulsa his home since then. When he got here he started working part-time at Church's Fried Chicken & now owns his own Convenience Store. He just opened his own car lot called "Batman's Auto Sales". Mike is pretty well known in Tulsa. In fact, he is sort of a local hero. Since operating his own business, he has been extremely generous in donating to local causes. Well, now he is running for Tulsa City Council, District 9. The election is in November & we wish him all the luck in the world! Now, most people who read this blog don't know anything about me but I live in Oklahoma City, which is about an hour & a half away from Tulsa. I love that city, it's really great! I used to go there at least once a month for business & have always enjoyed the visit. So, when I came across this story I knew I had to share it.

No comments: