January 16, 2011

New BILL FINGER ( Batman Co-Creator ) BIOGRAPHY BOOK to Be Published in 2012

All serious BATMAN Fans know who Bill Finger is, I mean, he's the Co-Creator of Batman. But because of an exclusive contract Bob Kane had with DC Comics Bill Finger has been robbed of his credit for years. There's a lot we don't know about this artist. Well, the good news is that our friend Marc Nobleman is writing the definitive biography on Bill Finger. It's due to come out next year in 2012. You might know him from his previous book, "Boys of Steel: The Creators of Superman,". Up above is a rare photo of Bill Finger as seen on a trading card in a series called "Famous Comic Book Creators". Personally, I can't wait until this book comes out!

4 comments:

Dean Trippe said...

OH MAN! Super exciting! I was very glad to see Bill Finger's contributions were mentioned in the new Secret Origin DC Comics documentary. I think he also co-created the Golden Age Green Lantern and Lana Lang! He's far and away one of my favorite creators of all time.

Josh said...

That's great news. I've never seen that card series before. I'd like to either buy that book and the one about Siegel and Shuster, or request it at the library.

Marc Tyler Nobleman said...

Thanks for the plug! I really appreciate that. There's lots about Bill Finger on my blog, http://noblemania.blogspot.com.

The Bill Finger Appreciation Group said...

This will certainly bring some much deserved light to Bill's immense contribution to comics... and what better author could do it better than Marc?