April 3, 2010

New NEAL ADAMS - BATMAN: ODYSSEY Comic Book Art

OK, yesterday I was pretty happy about the official announcement from DC Comics that the 1st issue of BATMAN: ODYSSEY will be coming out in July, 2010. Of course, this is the special project being done by the legendary Neal Adams and I mean HE will be doing it. Neal Adams is set to write it, pencil it, & even ink the first few issues! Now, he has said that because of time restraints he won't be able to ink the entire series, but it will be drawn ( penciled ) totally by him. This is super-great news! So, being all excited about this I searched the Internet far & wide to come-up with ANY new artwork that has been leaked. Now, the Bat-Blog has featured a lot of it in the past & that kept showing up in my searches, ha ha. But here's some brand-new BATMAN: ODYSSEY artwork I found!! It looks like there will be some action with MAN-BAT & why not? I mean, this is a character created by both Neal Adams & Frank Robbins in 1970. In another piece of original art we get to see is an interaction between Bruce Wayne & Alfred in the Batcave, that's cool! Then there's a splash page where Batman is getting shot by a high-powered rifle ( I feel sorry for the guy who did that, ha! ). Now, most of the art shown here are smaller samples but if you click on the very last one it is pretty BIG. In fact, I made it a Desktop Wallpaper you can use as a background. Or, at very least, just enjoy looking at it in high-def! Remember, stay tuned to the Bat-Blog for more future news about this highly anticipated comic book event!

2 comments:

ozz said...

Cooool!

Unknown said...

This is INCREDIBLE news! I am a MAJOR fan of Neal Adams and his FABULOUS artwork! I've had the pleasure of meeting Neal in person and he is very humble for someone so uncannily talented. My only hope is that Frank Miller's script does not reflect his work on "All Star Batman & Robin". That was a disappointment for me. Jim Lee's artwork was fantastic, but Miller's script was less than quality IMHO.