October 11, 2009

Where Is BATMAN When We Need Him?

Here's a weird photo I found on the web the other day. It's a woman in some foreign country protesting some issue, probably politics, & her sign says, "Where is Batman when we need him?". Now, the website was totally in Arabic so there was no way for me to translate it. I just thought it was kinda cool. Plus, I'm NOT trying to be political or anything like that. I'm just sharing something strange I found, that's all. If anyone knows what this is about then please let me know.

7 comments:

ferdalump said...

That is a wild picture. Wonder what the significance is.

Thanks for sharing it! :)

Lionel Braithwaite said...

My guess is, they want a Batman to fight the Israeli occupation.

Anonymous said...

Well, from what I see here, it's from the "No More Ignorance" movement at Deviant Art - http://no-more-ignorance.deviantart.com/ . Specifically, it's related to the "Free Gaza" initiative - http://www.freegaza.org/

Cheers

Paul Gendron
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec, Canada

Anonymous said...

Well, in the upper left of the woman's poster it says "For Gaza", and at the very bottom it says (I think) "no more ignorance". The poster on the wall in the background reads "stop the genocide". So I assume this protest was over the situation in Gaza.

Cliff said...

Don't know where this image comes from, but it shows once again what a strong cultural icon Batman is...

Batman666 said...

The small print at the top left side of the sign says Gaza. I'm guessing it's a protest against Israels involvement and treatment in the Israel/Palestina issue.

ozz said...

If only there was really a Batman to battle the evils of the world.