October 16, 2009

Vintage 1970's Cheerios Cereal Box with DC Superheroes Game!

In 1977 General Mills offered a special mail-away premium on boxes of Cheerios Cereal called the SUPER HEROES MAGNETIC DART GAME. It came with a Target Game Board ( with a sheet metal backing ) & 4 "Superhero Magnet-Darts". The 4 playing pieces looked like Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, and Robin. The 4 evil super-villains, featured on the target game board, were the Joker, Penguin, Cheetah, & Lex Luthor. Now, if I did the math correctly I was in the 7th Grade when this cereal box came out & I don't ever remember seeing this. Oh man! I would have mailed away for this, the vintage graphics are really cool, ha ha! Thanks to Doug for sending us the cool photos. By the way, I think the artwork was done by Dick Giordano. Or, at least, it looks like his stock art.

No comments: