September 7, 2009

BATMAN BEGINS Vending Machine Figures From Taiwan!

The other day while surfing the Internet I came across a website for a toy company named "Tommy Bear" in Taiwan that makes large & small figures that are prizes inside vending machines. I think the small ones are for gumball machines & the larger ones are the crane-operated ones ( The Claw! ). Anyway, back in the day they made some for the Batman Begins movie. There were 6 to the complete set. The figures are actually very well sculpted & look great! The weird thing is that 5 of them are extremely realistic & 1 of them is sort of goofy-looking. I first discovered them by seeing the 2nd photo. It was taken at some trade show in Taiwan. Be sure to click on that one because you can see a larger pic where the details are really nice. The other pics are advertising-promo graphics from the company. Speaking of them, I contacted Tommy Bear & it appears they still make them but they are not for sale in the USA. I guess I'll have to check other sources to get some but I thought they were pretty cool.

No comments: