June 15, 2009

Please Join Us To Help Fight Childhood Cancer!

CLICK HERE To Visit The St. Jude's Hospital Website!!
I started to think about the Bat-Blog the other night, the way it's connected to thousands of people, the strange way I'm able to communicate a message that gets read by huge group of people. Then, I started to wonder if the situation I am in yields any moral or ethical concerns. After some thought I came to realize that it does. I mean, what if I were to show support every now & then to a different charity and, what if, by doing so, just a few readers are inspired by that to take action then would it give my life more or less meaning? I think it would add to it, don't you think? So, after a lot of thought I decided this would be a brand-new policy. Now, please don't think I am trying to be preachy or high-minded. I just think that if I were able to do this, & did do it, that it might be for the greater good. So, as a first test I am asking every single reader to please donate anything they can to the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Every dollar helps. I mean, if all you can afford is $5.00 then please send that...it adds up. This very well known charity truly does a lot of good for all children, especially those going through cancer treatments. Now, if every reader gave just one dollar then that would add up to thousands & that would really help a lot. In fact, it could even save a life. I guess, maybe legally, I need to state that I am not connected with this charity in any way, nor is the "Batman character" or Warner Bros or DC Comics. I know the main focus of my blog is to spread the appreciation of Batman & the joys of being a collector and so on but wouldn't it be great if, by accident, it could do some actual good in the world? I think that would go with the ideals of the Batman character...to rid evil or help those in need. I know it sounds pretty silly, but I think it could be a great experiment. So, Please join the Bat-Blog in supporting St. Jude's Hospital this month. Please click on the large link button up above for more information on how you can get involved & while you're there maybe donate a dollar or two... Thank You.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

As a person that had childhood cancer I think that this is a very wonderful thing you're doing. :) *warm fuzzies*

pmhapp said...

I think this is a great idea Tommy. We have a friend, a 10-year girl, who has been fighting, and probably losing soon, her battle with cancer over the last year. Can't say enough about St. Jude's and what they have down and continue to do for afflicted children. St. Jude's is a wonderful charity and you know the money goes to good use. To read more about Sydney's journey, check out www.ivestrong.com.

Billyman said...

Hey! Batman would do it!

Anonymous said...

yes - Batman - Bruce Wayne - would do it..... in the past the character was more ethically - today he is too dark