June 4, 2009

BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS Graphic Novel Tribute

The BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS ©1986 Graphic Novel is considered by many to be a pivotal point in Bat-History. Frank Miller created an incredible story & the comic book artwork was amazing! I completely love this book & highly recommend it to anyone who loves the character. Speaking of "character", in this book Robin was a girl! Her name was Carrie Kelley & she was awesome! Well, recently I came across 2 different pieces of art done by 2 famous comic book artists who must really liked the book too. The 1st one is drawn & inked by John Byrne. The 2nd one is a sketch by Jim Lee. I think both of these guys did an amazing job & they're both a wonderful tribute! ( Please be sure to click on them for larger, more detailed, versions ).

3 comments:

ozz said...

I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't really like TDKR that much, particularly the artwork! I think both drawings here are much better than anything in TDKR!

Timothy said...

The art work is nice! And, of course, I love Carrie Kelley as Robin!

Anonymous said...

The second one was drawn by Art Adams not Jim Lee.