March 29, 2009

Rare 1960's BATMAN 45 rpm RECORD ALBUM with Bob Kane

Shown here is an old advertisement for a special BATMAN 45 rpm RECORD that was "supposedly written" by Bob Kane, the "creator" of Batman. This ad appeared in the back of comic books in the late 1960's. Bob Kane wrote the main song "Have Faith in Me". It was performed by Hank Leids & the Bat-Group COURAGE. The song on the B-Side was titled "You've Got Me Crying". As a BONUS, when you bought this record, you also got a 4 X 5 photo of Bob Kane sitting in the original Batmobile Car, signed by him of course! This product was published by Downing Records. Now, I'm wondering... has anyone EVER seen this record or the autographed photo? It's gotta be super-RARE as, in my 20+ years of obsessive bat-collecting, I have NEVER ever seen it! If anyone has a photo of this rare gem I would appreciate you sending a pic of it to share. Remember, the Bat-Blog is ALL ABOUT the love of collecting Batman Memorabilia!!

6 comments:

deaconnecessary said...

I have only seen the add in 70's comic bboks.
I never orderd a copy of the record.

I do know for sure that the Batmobile that Kane sat in was not the original. This was a replica car. The body of the car was coated in some type of fuzzy material that was touted as "bat-fuzz" and there were no back windshields on it, either.

ozz said...

I had no idea Bob Kane was also a songwriter. Did he really write the song, or was it ghost-written by Bill Finger? Ha!

The Batfan said...

can also say in my 20+ years collecting as well I have never seen one of these in person.

Pat said...

Hate to break this to you, but a copy of the record (no mention of the photo) sold on Ebay just last week for $12.

Pat from the Silver Age Comics blog

NX01JB said...

I remember seeing the ad as a kid. Had forgotten all about it!

Unknown said...

I do have a 45 rpm. I will look bit I think one side has "Here Comes the Batmobile". It crashes at the end of the song