January 10, 2009

French Batman Memorabilia...From France, Ohhh La La!

Lately I've been kind of obsessed with the study of Batman merchandise in foreign places. I don't know but you never see this stuff here in the US that much & it's sort of cool to think that people in far away places love the Batman character too. I like to think that maybe there's a little kid right now, in Japan or England, fixing a cloth towel around his neck as a Batman Cape & yelling, "I'm Batman"! It's kinda corny, I know, but with this blog I meet people from all over the globe who are Batman Fans & it's always neat to think about how the character is "world famous". I'm also curious how they "learned about the character". I know it's probably the movies, comic books, or cartoons but I bet some of the toys have had an influence also. So, here's a few pieces of Batman Memorabilia I have found from France. Not everything here is totally exclusive to the French but it's neat none the less. The 1st item is actually from Euro-Disney. I guess they did some kind of promotional tie-in with Warner Bros. This is a metal lapel pin of Jessica Rabbit ( Who Framed Roger Rabbit ) dressed as Robin, The Boy Wonder ( Is it wrong to think she looks HOT? ha ha! ). Next is a "Return To The Batcave" DVD, French Issue. It's titled "Dans La Grotte De Batman". This was the documentary made recently about the 1966 TV Show except it's probably subtitled in French. ( Thank you Andrew for sending the DVD photo ). The 3rd item is sort of weird & wacky! It's a ride-on toy of the Batmobile. I really like it because it's so gosh darn cute & it was made during the craze of "The Batman" animated TV cartoon so it's something recently made. The 4th photo is actually an extremely RARE vintage item. It's a set of stickers from the 1960's that were prizes in gumball machines. I love the vintage graphics, very cool. The last photo shows some kid's shoes with a Batman design. It's hard to tell if these were "the real deal" or just bootleg. The fact that the design motif has both the "comic book version" of Batman & some design elements from "Batman Beyond " ( black & red bat-logo ) makes me wonder. Anyways, just a few items from France. If any readers have some cool "foreign stuff" ( both old & new ) to share then please send us some photos.

1 comment:

Timothy said...

Either Jessica Rabbit is trying to be Molly the Mole from the 1966 series, or Carrie Kelley from The Dark Knight Returns. In any event, we approve!!!