August 11, 2008

Vintage 80's Photo: BATMAN COSTUME IN NEW YORK!

I opened my e-mail very very late last night & was really happy to get this wonderful vintage family photo from a Bat-Blog Reader. His name is Matt & here's what he wrote, "My name is Matt and I am from New Jersey. These are pictures of my sister and I on Halloween 1980 in New York. I was Batman and my sister was a clown. The Batman costume was handmade by one of my mother's friends. We still have the costume but it doesn't fit anymore (ha ha ha). Thought your readers and you would enjoy. Love the website keep up the good work. Let me know if the pictures are ok and if you can use them. Thanx." Yes Matt, the pictures are awesome! Thank You very much. My favorite part of doing this blog is getting to hear people's stories like this & seeing these kind of old family pictures. Both costumes are actually very cool, even the clown one. Your sister is too cute. I like "homemade costumes" the best because they are usually made with love. Which, you still have it 28 years later so that says a lot. Thanks again for sending us these pix, I appreciate that.

No comments: