May 9, 2008

1966 Batman TV Show Style Graphics on a Political Pinback Button: Obama For President!

Here's an actual real-life political campaign button being distributed by Obama supporters that has a design motif you might recognize! It has the classic "KAPOW!!, OOOOF!!, ZOK!!, POW!!" graphics from the 1966 Batman TV Show. The photo was sent in by Greg, a regular Bat-Blog reader, who said, "My Dad came to visit me last week & gave me this button that one of his co-workers gave him. I knew you would like to share it at your Bat-Blog so here's a photo!". Yeah, Thanks Greg! Thanks for torturing me...I now want one of these! Ha Ha! But seriously, I do appreciate you sending the photo, that's very cool. ( As a side note: I am publishing this photo as a piece of Bat-History & I'm not endorsing any candidate. So, Republicans...don't send your hate mail, ha ha! ).

4 comments:

Tony said...

It looks like you can order one of those buttons here for $1:

http://www.democraticstuff.com/Obama-batman-Button-p/bt26458.htm

Don't know how much shipping is though. Even though I haven't decided who I want to vote for, I have to agree that IS a really cool button!

Tommy! said...

Cool, I'll have to check it out.

Thanks!!

Bubbashelby said...

I ordered five. The shipping came to 2.95 for standard USPS shipping.

That'll look cool (or nerdy, depending on your perspective I suppose ;) ) next to my "I Believe in Harvey Dent" pin!

ozz said...

I read somewhere that Obama was a fan of Spider-Man and Conan The Barbarian comic books when he was a kid.