April 29, 2008

Vintage 1960's BATMAN TOYS and MEMORABILIA From Around The World! ( Japan, The UK, & Italy )

OK, The Bat-Blog has been reporting a lot on the Dark Knight Batman Movie lately & to be honest it's getting a little old, ha ha! Don't get me wrong. I'm totally excited about this movie & can't wait till it comes out, but I also love the vintage toys too! So, I thought I would post a few Super-RARE pieces of Batman Memorabilia from around the globe. We start in Japan, where in the 1960's, some Japanese company produced this wonderful Batman Action Figure (Doll?). It must be kinda boot-leg because the colors are wayyyy off! But I think that gives the piece a lot of charm & it does make it a variant figure, something different for the collection. The next item comes from England, or as I like to call it, The UK! It's a Batman Ballpoint Pen shown on the original blister card...beautiful vintage graphics, a favorite item! The 3rd photo is also an item from the UK. It's a RARE Corgi Car vehicle from their "Husky Extra" line #1003. It's a Bat-Boat with Trailer from the 1966 TV Series. This was sold to go with their 1966 Batmobile from the same Batman TV Show. Oh my god, look at the price! It was only 59 cents, ha ha! The last photo is a very obscure item from Italy. It's a Batman Costume Playset in original bag with header card. I love the vintage Bat-Logo on the card & the "toy" itself is pretty cool too. It was made by Il Giocattolo, an Italian company. OK, I should not have "went off" at the beginning of this post about being tired of The Dark Knight Movie News but I just wanted everybody to know that we have not forgot about the people who love the vintage toys. Mainly, because we love them too!

1 comment:

ozz said...

The Batman in a red suit is just not a good look for him!