February 27, 2008

What if Frank Miller's Batman existed during the 1950's?

Here's a parody ( from Mad Magazine? ) where they took the gritty realistic Frank Miller modern-day "Goddamn Batman" & put him in a story with Batman characters from the 1950's. The Penguin & Robin characters look like they are drawn by Dick Sprang & they have a "Gee, Golly!" kind of attitude, all sweet & innocent. Batman does not! If you think about the irony here it's pretty gosh-darn funny...Gee Golly, or I mean, dammit! ( Depending on your browser you might have to click on the image to read it ). One last thing, if ANY Bat-Blog Reader knows where this is from please let us know by commenting below or shooting us an e-mail, thank you!

8 comments:

Bubbashelby said...

Interesting - where did you find that? I'd love to pick it up and read the whole thing!

It's actually quite similar to some of the things Grant Morrison is doing in the Batman comics right now.

Para no olvidar said...

More drawings in http://www.cromy.blogspot.com/
Super Powers, Wonder Woman, Batman, and more. Enjoy! and thanks!

Anonymous said...

hello

my name is tito contreras from bogotá colombia.
i´m a bat fan. very good your blog.
visit my blog: batiblogdetito.blogspot.com

i´m added your blog in my blog links.

good bye.

Tommy! said...

Hey Bubbashelby,

This is just an obscure picture I found on a Message Board. It has no explanation as to where it was from. I e-mailed the guy but no response yet. I think I will edit the post to ask readers if they know.

Thanks, Tommy

chunky B said...

Two different worlds, that one brought a chuckle, very Frank Miller like Batman.

chrishaley said...

That was great.

ozz said...

Funny stuff!

Calvin V said...

it is for sure from an issue of mad magazine. I remember reading it in an issue a few years ago. 2006 or 2007 I believe. I thought jim lee might have actually done the art work but I can't remember.