February 12, 2008

1966 Batman TV Show Inspired THE PENGUIN Painting!

Here's a photo of a Pop Art Painting I did for a friend's small son named Austin. They did their child's room with a retro theme & I thought this image of The Penguin was perfect. I found this picture in one of my Vintage 1966 Batman Board Games. It was on one of the playing cards & is sort of a common "clip art" drawing that appeared on many different bat-products. The painting was done with acrylic paint on canvas & was pretty BIG. He was really excited to see his new room, he's a great kid ( Hi Austin! ). The painting was displayed above his bed & he later told me it was his favorite part of his newly decorated space....that was kinda cool.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, as you know, I love me some Penguin!

This is wonderful.

chunky B said...

That is truly awesome. I've always wanted to try something like this myself. Great job!

Tommy! said...

Thank you. I love this Penguin graphic & thought it turned out pretty good as a piece of art. I've noticed with my paintings that they either "work or don't work". They are either really great or total crap, ha ha!

Hey Chunky, get yourself one of those cheap projectors & shoot an image on the canvas, trace it, & then paint it...easy as pie. You can do it, I know you can!! I wanna see you sending me a photo of your creation very soon....get busy!

ozz said...

Let's hope the constant presence of the image of a criminal doesn't somehow result in the kid growing up to become a criminal!