December 17, 2007

Vintage Family Photo: A Father Plays Batman For His Son ( From Scotland )

This afternoon I was pleasantly surprised to find another great Batman photo sent in by a Bat-Blog reader, I love that! But this photo is very special. It was sent to us from Craig, who lives in Scotland, he wrote, "I've been a Batman fan for as long as I can remember (I'm pretty young, only 19 now, so it's not that impressive!) Your request for Batman pictures allowed me to dig out this one which has always been a favorite in my family. The story is one day, to impress me, my Dad came home, ran upstairs only to come down triumphantly in this impromptu Batman costume (using my Mum's tights! a torch, you can even see the black bin liner he used as a cape). I remember this day quite clearly, half knowing it was my Dad, but half wishing it was the real Batman. I hope you enjoy this picture as much as my family has done over the years. Craig. Glasgow, Scotland. PS: Yes, I did ask my Dad permission before emailing this in!!" Oh Man! This is both an awesome picture & a great story, Thanks for sharing it Craig! Ya know, you're a very lucky person to have such a great dad. Your family should be very proud of this picture. I'm actually very touched by this & hope my readers feel the same, I know they will. Thank You. If ANY other readers have Batman-related stories or photos like this then please send them in, we love to get pics in the mail!!

No comments: