November 6, 2007

THE DEATH OF BRUCE WAYNE??

In a recent news story at ComicBookResources.com reporter Rich Johnson, who writes a column called LYING IN THE GUTTERS, had this to say. And we quote, "In June/July, DC are killing off Batman. Or rather, Bruce Wayne. Robin will inherit the Batman cowl. One of the Robins anyway. Tim Drake. Jason Todd. Or possibly Red Hood. Hey, maybe Jean-Paul Valley, it has been ten years since Azrael. Either way, the book will relaunch with a nice shiny #1". What the hell!? DC Comics is gonna kill off Bruce Wayne? This is an outrage. I mea, it kind of pisses me off! Ok, Bruce Wayne is an ICON for Christ's sake! I've read at other sites where they speculate that Warner Bros is doing this to create media hype for the upcoming THE DARK KNIGHT Batman Movie. What are your thoughts on this, please COMMENT below.

8 comments:

Won-Tolla said...

Remember "the death of Superman"?
Remember Knightfall, Knightsend or whatever the Azbat story arcs were called?
Looks like a rerun of that, or Bruce is faking his death to catch a master criminal

Cheers

Anonymous said...

I have been a Batman fan since before I can remember. I started to read because of Batman. It is disappointing that the writers cannot come up with better stories than these deaths that only last a year or two. I really hope this is a stupid rumor that won't come true. And if Batman's (Bruce Wayne) death is permanent than DC has lost a faithful reader since 1984. Along with my father and my children.

Unknown said...

I'm freaking sick of this!!! First Robin, then Superman, Captain America....ahhhh. This is ridiculous.

Tommy! said...

Yeah, me too. For now it's a semi-rumor so let's hope it's NOT true. Killing Bruce Wayne would really suck. If they do kill him off we all need to remember R'as AlGhul's Lazereth Pit. ( Did I spell that right? Ya know what I mean, ha ha ).

The Girl in Grey said...

Can anyone else say 'Gimmick'? Or maybe just 'Publicity Stunt'? Of course, it may be just a rumour to get sales up. Hey, it's been done before!
But maybe it's my nasty suspicious mind?

And it's a LazarUS pit.

Rick L. Phillips said...

It is just media hype. He will be back.

Anonymous said...

I don't want to read comics about the Death of Bruce Wayne. I have been a Batman fan since I first watched reruns of the Adam West TV show in the early 70's. Growing up I have stayed true to the Bat, buying up the toys, comics, and movies. As an adult I still find comfort in the pages of comics. They are a world unlike our own where good still manages to beat evil.
A publicity stunt, marketing gimmick, or like might sell comics for a week or two. But, if there is no Bruce Wayne there is no Batman. And if there is no Batman... I guess DC didn't need me to read their comics that bad anyway.

Anonymous said...

What a dumb thing to do when the new Batman Film is being released almost at the same time.