October 14, 2007

FRED HEMBECK : Batman & The Joker Comic Strip FUNNY HUMOR

For as long as I can remember I've been a HUGE FAN of Fred Hembeck's art. He has a very distinctive style & once you see it you can't forget it, ha ha! He did a lot of funny little spot illustrations for both DC & Marvel, usually small comic strips like this one. Now, he sells his famous comic book cover "re-creations" on eBay. Basically he takes a famous cover from the silver age & completely does it in his own style. They're selling like hotcakes! I wish I could afford one, I love his work, maybe someday. For now I just enjoy his work in print & online. He has a really great blog you can visit. Check our BAT-LINKS page on the left-side of the blog to check it out.

1 comment:

ozz said...

Well, it's pretty true for the most part! The dude can't take a joke, although he did laugh at one at the end of The Killing Joke.