September 7, 2007

Vintage 1970's Batman Toys & Memorabilia - Oh Yeah!

Here at the Bat-Blog we have been side-tracked by a lot of different bat-stories & we're finally getting back to our main goal: showcasing cool Vintage Batman Toys! Here are some really cool pieces of Batman Memorabilia made in the 70's. The 1st photo shows a carded POCKET SUPERHEROES Action Figure of Batman. This was made by Mego in 1979. You can find these figures loose but to get one on the card like this is Super-RARE! The 2nd item is a favorite piece of mine because my grandmother gave me one of these for Christmas many years ago ( when I was in the 8th grade ) & I still have it. It's one of the few pieces in my personal collection that is like that & it has a lot of sentimental value. It's a Batman Hairbrush made by Avon in 1978 & shown with original box. The last toy photo is a really RARE & extremely cool set of Batman & Robin Walkie-Talkies. When I say these are RARE I mean that they belong in a museum! They were made by a company who also made the Batman AM/FM Radio that looks just like this Batman figure. You see the radio a lot but NEVER these Walkie-Talkies!! I'm not sure of the toy company name because this picture was sent in by a reader w/ no description. Remember, the BAT-BLOG is ALL about Vintage Batman Toys so be sure to visit often. If you have any cool pics from your collection then please send them today! Our e-mail button is on the top right-hand side of this blog. See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

In Abstentia said...

I've been searching for any signs of these walkie-talkies for years! So great you've been able to find them. I think the company that made them was National Periodical Publications, since that's the name of the company which made the radio you mentioned. Thanks for finally putting my restless toy-hunting spirit to rest!

ozz said...

I used to have one of those hairbrushes too when I was a kid. Eventually the Batman's face and Bat symbol wore off.