July 2, 2007

Vintage 1960's Batman Toys and Memorabilia

I got an e-mail today from a BAT-BLOG reader asking when I was gonna post some more Vintage 60's Toys. OK Gary, Here ya go!! First up is a RARE piece of Bat-Memorabilia from 1966. This is a nice set of Batman Battery-Operated Wrist Radios made by Remco. They are shown with the original box that has some really cool vintage graphics! The next photo is a RARE Set of Batman & Robin Colorforms Cartoon Kit Play Set, also from 1966. There were a lot of villains included in this game: The Joker, Penguin, & Riddler. We also love the large Bat-Signal in the sky! The 3rd bit of Bat-Nostalgia is a full-case of Batman & Robin Society Pin-Back Buttons. Wear one of these & everyone knows you're a Charter Member! Speaking of membership, today is a good day to join the BAT-BLOG Message Board!! There's a link-button on the right-side of this blog so please feel free to JOIN TODAY!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My grandmother bought the button for me. I wore it proudly though seeing it now I realize how dorky Batman and Robin look on this button. I also had the Colorforms kit. This was good for fun while riding in the back seat of the car. Does Batman have to remove his gloves to use the wrist radio?!

Tommy! said...

Thanks for sharing your story. Yes, Grandmothers are great sources for toys! I had one of those buttons too but bought it at a flea market when I was about 14 years old. Then, many years later, as an adult collector, I found one still sealed in a RARE version of it's original packaging, it was in a plastic bag with a header-card, nice! If you're a serious Batman Fan I would like to invite you to join the BAT-BLOG MESSAGE BOARD. There, you can meet a lot of cool people who also love Batman. Here's a link:


http://com3.runboard.com/bbatblog

ozz said...

I think that first picture would be a very rare look at a gloveless Batman.