April 12, 2007

BATMAN MURAL OUTDOOR ART Location Unknown

Here's a really great photo I found awhile back, & it had a story, but I completely forgot all the details. Ouch, this is what it's like to be really old. Sorry. The thing I do remember is that it was painted on the side of a famous Comic Book Shop & has become sort of a landmark in it's hometown. "Go North down Main Street & then turn left at Batman", the locals say to tourists, ha ha. Be sure to check the BAT-BLOG ARCHIVES for many more posts with obscure Batman references like this! My memory is way better on those.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know this! It was painted on the outside wall of a comix store in Memphis, Tennessee. Sadly it is long gone. Here is the kicker, thi Batman was painted by Memphis legend and WWe RAW wresatling announcer JERRY "THE KING" LAWLER! I took pics of it before it was painted over. Will post when I can find them.

ozz said...

That's lame that it's been painted over!