December 3, 2009

ROBIN, THE GIRL WONDER!!

OK, no matter who you are, you HAVE GOT to admit that this is the cutest little girl you have ever seen! This is our friend Gavin's Daughter who dressed up like Robin ( The Girl Wonder! ) last Halloween. He explains a lot of the stuff you see in the photos a lot better than I could so check this out:
This year my 2 1/2 year old daughter and I dressed up as Robin and Batman. We spent some time designing and making her costume, which she got such a kick out of and it turned out pretty good. We looked up pictures from the comics when Stephanie Brown had a short stint as Robin and we did what we could to mimic her costume. I joined her as a hastily-put-together Batman. Our church had a "trunk-or-treat" event where we handed out candy from the decorated trunks of our cars. We went with a Gotham City backdrop. It was fun watching some of the kids come around trick-or-treating and stare at the action figures in the trunk, thinking they were so cool.
OK, That explains the Gotham City scene in the car! I was really confused by that when I first saw it but totally get it now. Wow! That's a pretty cool idea & very creative, I love it! But what I mostly like are the costumes. I think it's really neat when parents & children dress-up in matching costumes, especially as Batman characters. That's always very sweet & I'm sure that the kids always get a total kick out of it. OK, The parents have fun too but you know what I mean! Thank you Gavin for sharing your story & wonderful pics with us. Please tell your daughter that she makes an excellent Robin!

No comments: