June 4, 2009

Comic Book News: BATMAN AND ROBIN # 1 Cover Variations

Just a quick post, DC Comics just recently released BATMAN AND ROBIN Number One the other day & so far it seems like a total success. Now, I have not read it yet but all I have been hearing is really great things so that's cool. One thing I wanted to mention is that this comic book has three different covers to collect. The 1st one photo shows the regular cover. The 2nd one is the variant cover. The 3rd is the special "Sketch Cover". Personally, I have always hated when comic book companies do this. I mean, they're just trying to get everybody to buy multiple copies. But I gotta admit that these are pretty cool! Just wondering, has anybody read this thing yet? If so, then please leave a comment down below & let us know what you thought about it, thanks. ( Oh yeah, click on the small photos up above for larger pictures ).

5 comments:

John said...

i love it. i just picked up the regular cover & variant yesterday from my LCS, and I thought it was really good. The dynamic between Dick Grayson and Damien is very different than Bruce & Dick or even Bruce & Timm. The teaser page at the end has me interested in the rest of the series, for sure. Return of Red Hood? Who could it be??? (spoiler: jason todd..again)

ozz said...

Haven't read it yet. Maybe over the weekend, I'll hit a comic book store and flip through it. I would've preferred that DC stick with Mr. Wayne as the Batman, but if there are good stories that are drawn well, maybe it'll be ok.

Unknown said...

I just read it this week, and I have to say that I loved it. I am a 20 year Batman veteran, and this was just great. I am not one of those 'no Bruce? No go!' purists. The Batman story is moving in new crazy directions, but no matter how much Grant Morrisson tries, the silver age was still crazier than him. I think this is gonna be a fun chapter in the Batman legend. As for the 'Tec Batwoman, we'll just have to see..., but I think it should be fun. Looking forward to Red Robin also.
By the way, great blog! I just stumbles upon it this week.

mothpete said...

A fun and good looking book. Batman AND Robin... I think it's going for the equal partnership focus rather than a father/son/ward feel. Damien seemed a bit cocky, a bit Jason Tod circa 1986, but there's a lot of room for his character to learn and be humbled by.

"Crime is doomed"

Anonymous said...

I'm a bit late with this, since it's been a week since the title came out, but yeah, I have read it. I have actually been out of the loop on the Bat-titles for at least a decade or maybe more, but had long thought of getting back into my favorite caped crusader titles, and with the Batman reborn launch, I figured now was as good of time as any. The book was well written, with some tension between Dick and Damian.