August 16, 2008

RARE Golden Age 1940's BATMAN and ROBIN TRANSFERS

While surfing on eBay the other night I saw this very RARE piece of Batman Memorabilia that I will probably NEVER see again! Detective Comics, Inc. ( now DC Comics ) made a set of BATMAN FULL-COLOR TRANSFERS ©1944. They are shown here in their original packaging, a paper envelope. You got 2 sheets of transfers for just 10 cents! In the photo down below I reversed the picture & tweaked the contrast to give you an idea what the images look like. I can't even begin to explain how extremely SUPER-RARE these are, a true 1940's Batman Collectible!! Remember, be sure to click on the pictures up above for larger, more detailed, photos.

3 comments:

cobblepot47 said...

I just saw your pictures and wanted to let you know that I was the winning bidder on this great item. I remember seeing a partial set about 6 years ago on ebay and it was sold quite cheap at the time. I promised myself that no matter what, if another piece like this came up I would buy it. My credit card got a good workout but it was worth it.
After collecting Batman memorabilia for 20 years that was one piece I could never get. I am still waiting for delivery and hope it makes it's way to Australia safely. It is almost impossible to find complete sets and although mint condition is something all collectors strive for it is still a wonderful complete Golden Age Batman item with fantastic Artwork. I always look at it this way, someone, somewhere had this lying around for the last 64 years.

Tommy! said...

WOW! What an amazing find. If I was not so broke right now we would have done eBay Battle, ha ha!

I hope it arrives safely. Please tell me some more info after you receive it. It's a great piece!

Plus, if you have any photos you would like to share with the Bat-Blog please send them in. We like to hear from all Bat-Collectors, that's the main function of the site: sharing the joys of collecting.

Thanks.

ozz said...

That's cool that the winning bidder posted a comment. I wonder if the goods ever made it over OK.