June 9, 2008

Vintage 1960's BATMAN and ROBIN Frame Tray Puzzles!

For today's post I wanted to get back to VINTAGE TOYS because, really, that's what this site was originally created for, the love of the old Batman Toys & Memorabilia! So, here's a really nice example: Shown up above are some rare 1960's Batman & Robin Frame-Tray Puzzles made by Whitman (#1 & 4 ) and Strathmore ( #2 & 3 ). As a toy collector I really love these because they're neat to frame for display on the wall. Plus, I used to totally love puzzles when I was a little kid so they kinda bring back good nostalgic feelings. My Grandmother used to buy these for me at a store called TG&Y that doesn't exist anymore. So, I guess I'm kinda sentimental about these for that reason. The graphics are very cool. The 1st one is my personal favorite because it's a great scene with the Batmobile. It's the most common of the four shown but the picture is so awesome. I would like to take a minute to ask some of you to send in your photos & stories. Sharing information about this hobby is another main reason for this blog. I hope you enjoy these puzzles as much as I do.

4 comments:

meatcleaver63 said...

I still have one with Batman & Robin fighting The Joker from when I was little. My Grandma Paula gave it to me for my birthday back in 1967!!

Tommy! said...

That's cool! Out of all the Batman items I have I only have 1 that I actually had as a kid.

Send us a pic!

bigdaddy said...

i have the third puzzle show and wanted to know how much it was worth

bigdaddy said...

I have the third puzzle shown and was wanting to know what it is worth